Por favor Espere...
It is a procedure that allows the doctor to look inside your large intestine (colon) using a flexible tube called a colonoscope.
The colonoscopes have a small camera at the tip of a thin tube.
The procedure allows the doctor to see things like swollen tissue, abnormal growths, and ulcers.
Your doctor may recommend a colonoscopy for several reasons:
• To look for early signs of colon and rectal cancer
• To look for causes of unexpected changes in bowel habits
• To evaluate symptoms such as abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, and weight loss
Polyps may also be removed from your colon during a colonoscopy.
Why do the Colonoscopy?
This test helps determine:
• Colon cancer
• Causes of diarrhea
• Causes of blood, mucus, or pus in stool
• Causes of abdominal pain
• Confirm findings from other tests or x-rays
• Inflammatory bowel disease
• Intestinal obstruction
• Colon polyps
• Take a biopsy of a tumor